Definition of Terms: Holistic Approach To Life
Definition of Terms
- Satsang: Satsang consists of silent meditation, chanting and a talk or reading on the philosophy of yoga and Vedanta. It will help you develop a strong and steady meditation practice.
- Lecture: Talks covering the Teachings of Swami Vivekananda and Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
- Asana Class: Sun salutations and the twelve basic postures will be taught along with advanced variations.
- Pranayama: Basic practice of kapalabhati, anuloma viloma (alternate nostril breathing) with an introduction to advanced pranayama.
- Karma yoga: Karma yoga is the practice of selfless service which helps guests to feel part of the ashram. You are expected to do up to one hour of selfless service per day within ashram.
- Chanting (kirtan): Opens the heart and purifies the mind. Correct pronunciation of Sanskrit and a devotional attitude is important.
- Meditation: Guideline to meditation. Benefits of meditation. The use of mantras and mantra initiation.
- Breakfast/Dinner/Lunch: Simple Indian style vegetarian meals.
- All teachings from Ramakrishna Paramahansa and Swami Vivekananda
- These texts are not included in the course donation.
- The texts are usually available in the ashram boutique or can be purchased from the ashram on request.
- Kindly note, the spoken and teaching language of the ashram is English.
- Accommodation is simple, mainly independent cottage space with private bathroom are available at our Retreat/Ashram.
- Two sheets, a pillow, pillowcases and mosquito net are provided.
- Dates and donations are subject to change without notice. For all programs guests are subject to the suggested donation in effect at the time of final payment.
- No refunds will be given, but a credit note may be issued. Credit notes are valid for one year from date of issue and can be used for courses and programs at any of the ashrams but cannot be used to purchase boutique items.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- To maintain the spiritual atmosphere we ask all ashram guests to comply with the ashram rules. The ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behavior goes against the ashrams rules and teachings.
How to Get Here
- Pallolem Beach
- From Vasco Airport it is 25 kms by Road.
- From Vasco Railway station it is kms by Road.
- Pickup and drop from Airport and railway station to ashram will be provided by Ashram management- Timings of arrival to be confirmed by students before arrival.