H A L Camp Details
This course/Camp will be conducted as per Holistic approach to life
Retreat rules and regulations.
Definition Of Terms
- Satsang: Satsang consists of silent meditation, chanting and a talk or reading on the philosophy of yoga and Vedanta. It will help you develop a strong and steady meditation practice.
- Lecture: Talks covering the Teachings of Swami Vivekananda and Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
- Asana Class: Sun salutations and the twelve basic postures will be taught along with advanced variations.
- Pranayama: Basic practice of kapalabhati, anuloma viloma (alternate nostril breathing) with an introduction to advanced pranayama.
- Karma yoga: Karma yoga is the practice of selfless service which helps guests to feel part of the ashram. You are expected to do up to one hour of selfless service per day within ashram.
- Chanting (kirtan): Opens the heart and purifies the mind. Correct pronunciation of Sanskrit and a devotional attitude is important.
- Meditation: Guideline to meditation. Benefits of meditation. The use of mantras and mantra initiation.
- Breakfast/Dinner/Lunch: Simple Indian style vegetarian meals.
- All teachings from Ramakrishna Paramahansa and Swami Vivekananda
- These texts are not included in the course donation.
- The texts are usually available in the ashram boutique or can be purchased from the ashram on request.
- Kindly note, the spoken and teaching language of the ashram is English.
- Accommodation is simple, mainly independent cottage space with private bathroom are available at our Retreat/Ashram.
- Two sheets, a pillow, pillowcases and mosquito net are provided.
- Dates and donations are subject to change without notice. For all programs guests are subject to the suggested donation in effect at the time of final payment.
- No refunds will be given, but a credit note may be issued. Credit notes are valid for one year from date of issue and can be used for courses and programs at any of the ashrams but cannot be used to purchase boutique items.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- To maintain the spiritual atmosphere we ask all ashram guests to comply with the ashram rules. The ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behavior goes against the ashrams rules and teachings.
How to Get Here
- Pallolem Beach
- From Vasco Airport it is 25 kms by Road.
- From Vasco Railway station it is kms by Road.
- Pickup and drop from Airport and railway station to ashram will be provided by Ashram management- Timings of arrival to be confirmed by students before arrival.
- The spirit behind the discipline and rules are purely to maintain the spiritual purpose of the centre and for you to obtain maximum benefit from your practice.
- The yoga centre serves as a retreat from the stresses of daily life and provides a protected, clean and quiet environment for your practice.
- Ladies and gents cannot stay together; they will have separate rooms to stay, even if they are husband and wife they need to stay separately.
- Strictly no smoking and no alcohol allowed inside the ashram premises.
- Only vegetarian food will be provided.
- Adhere to the ashram rules and regulations (Timings and programme schedule to be strictly followed)
- Dress code to be maintained as per ashram policies.
- Ashram will not be responsible on safekeeping of individual’s belongings.
- Please leave your shoes neatly outside on the rack provided.
- Switch off all mobile phones and pagers before entering the centre.
- Silence must be strictly observed in class.
- If you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor about the suitability of this method of practice before starting. The centre will take no responsibility for illnesses/injuries suffered during any of the classes.
- Wear loose comfortable loose clothing for asana practice. To maintain the sanctity of the centre, modest dress is required, with shoulders, midriff and legs covered. Tight fitting, transparent and revealing clothing is not permitted in the centre. Changing rooms are available.
- Students are requested to bring their own clothes for the classes preferably White T-Shirt and white Tracks for the classes.
- The centre will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of your belongings in the centre. Please keep your valuables with you at all times.
- It is not advisable to eat for at least 2-3 hours before class.
- It is preferable to bathe before asana practice rather than after as bathing will dissipate energy.
- Cleanliness of body and clothes should be observed by all students taking class.
- Punctuality is important. Latecomers will not be allowed to enter if the class is full or after 20 minutes. Students who are permitted to join a class late should enter the class quietly, without disturbing the other students or altering the provided mat spaces.
- Classes missed during courses cannot be made up or substituted with classes from another course or with open classes.
- Students are expected to attend all classes of the course, if students miss more than three classes they may be asked to repeat the course.
Class rules & requests
- Do not alter the position of the asana mats in a class to suit your convenience.
- Students must not assist each other during class without prior permission of the teacher.
- When the class has ended, please fold the mats and towels and place them in the cupboard neatly.
- Any feedback, comments or suggestions for the teachers should be reserved until the end of the class.
- Any reading in the centre should be of a spiritual nature.
- We prefer advanced registration for all courses and workshops.
Cancellations & Refunds
- No refunds under any circumstances. A credit note will be issued in the event of cancellation up to 48 hrs before the commencement of the course. This may be used for any other class/course but is not redeemable against boutique items.
- The centre has the right to cancel classes/courses due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice. Cancellation of a course by the centre will result in a full refund of any monies paid.
- The centre serves as a haven of peace and quiet in this hectic world. To maintain the pure vibration we request you to abide by the above rules in a spirit of co-operation. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.
- We are happy to have the opportunity to serve and sincerely hope that you enjoy the classes and benefit from yoga and mediation practices.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat or pad, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and a torch.
- These items can usually be purchased in the ashram boutique.
How to Register
- Log on to our website and fill in the registration form.
- Contact Ashram Administration to get registered for the course.
- Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India. Foreign guests are advised to apply for regular tourist visa stating the purpose of stay as holiday.
- Details of the course and the directions to various rooms to be displayed.
- Induction to be conducted to all new comers on Ashram Rules, Regulations, Course details and Facility details to be briefed.
- Check the authenticity of the Students by verifying the Passport and other relevant documents
- Collection of PP copies and handing over to the nearest Police Station.
- Accommodation is shared twin rooms which have attached private bathroom with cold water only.
- Single room accommodation can be booked depending on room availability for a surcharge. (Optional)
- For all accommodation 2 bed sheets, a pillow, pillow case and a mosquito net are provided.
- Strictly First cum First Basis on Rooms and sharing of Rooms
- 1. Lectures from Swami Vivekananda’s teaching on Raja Yoga etc
- 2. Lectures from Ramakrishna Paramahansa’s teaching.
- 3. Personal one on one counseling.
- Breakfast: Bread, jam, butter, south Indian vegetarian dish, Salads-fruits and Vegetables. ( Idyli, Dosa, Puri, pongal with side dish)
- Lunch : South Indian Thali Vegetarian ( Rice, curd, etc)
- Dinner : Bread, jam, butter, south Indian vegetarian dish, Salads-fruits and Vegetables. ( Idyli, Dosa, Puri, pongal with side dish)
- Snacks: Coffee, tea, Juice and biscuits.
- The boutique stocks most items including books, yoga mats, stationery, postcards, CDs, clothing and snacks.
- The library houses a variety of books on yoga and related topics.
- Valuables may be stored in the reception safe. Valuables are stored at your own risk. Do not leave valuables in the dormitories or any open areas.
- International call facility is available at reception.
Internet and email(OPTIONAL)
- A limited internet facility is available.
- During busy times we ask guests to keep their email and telephone calls to a minimum, allowing other guests the use of these facilities.
- Please ask at reception for details.
- Incoming and outgoing mail is available at the ashram.
- Batteries – a separate disposal bin is located at reception.
- Any unwanted items, such as used clothing, medicine etc. may be left at reception for distribution to those in need.
- An independent and affordable laundry service is available.
- An independent travel agent visits the ashram once a week. The travel agent can help you with your ongoing travel arrangements, change foreign currency and cash travelers Cheque. A commission fee will be charged. The ashram does not accept any responsibility for this service.
- The ashram cannot change foreign currency or cash travelers Cheque.
- All facilities are closed during classes, satsang times and after 2000 hrs.